For this holiday season I think Nikon telephoto lenses will make a great gift for all photograph lovers. Surprise them by putting a big smile in their faces with any of these great telephoto lenses!
Imagine you are inching to take a close-up photograph of a tiger taking its first bite on its prey, but dare not go any more near. In such a case a Nikon telephoto lens would be of great help. It will bring your subject closer and help you take sharp photograph. Or if you are a NBA fan and want to freeze the action-packed shot of your favorite basketball player, what would you do? Nikon telephoto lens can do the trick with the help of its wide aperture. Not only this, the telephoto lenses from Nikon can also be effective in taking great portraits in natural surrounding.
Top 5 Nikon Telephoto Lenses Info
Listed below are the top 5 Nikon telephoto lenses which you may find useful:
1. Nikon Zoom Wide Angle Telephoto AF Zoom 24-120mm Nikkor Lens:
Don’t let the compact size of the Nikkor lens deceive you! Ideal for professional photographers, the exciting zoom lens covers some of the frequently used variable focal lengths, ideal for macro photography.
The standalone lens is unlike the fixed lens focal length offered by many other lenses such as AF-S Nikkor 600mm f/4.0D ED-IF, AF-S Nikkor 300 mm f/2.8D ED-IF, etc.
Key Features (24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S VR IF-ED Nikkor Lens)
* Vibration Reduction (VR) minimizes image blur caused by camera shake (cancelable). Two available VR modes :
* Vibration Reduction for both the viewfinder image and the image on film. Moderate VR operation is executed to ensure viewing comfort for the viewfinder image.
* VR for the image on the film only (conserves battery power).
* New optical design incorporates two ED glass elements and two aspherical elements for superior optical performance
* Built-in A/M switch enables instant switching from autofocus to manual focus (Lock mechanism provided)
* Silent Wave Motor for ultra-fast, ultra-quiet AF
* New cosmetic design identical to current AF-S Nikkor lenses
* Filter attachment does not rotate during focusing or zooming.
* The rounded diaphragm (7 blades) makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
2. Nikon 70-300mm Zoom Nikkor Telephoto Lens:
The compact Nikkor telephoto lens is ideal for taking action photograph, sports photograph, travel and portraits. The lightweight lens is compatible with the recently introduced Nikon N65, professional D-series Nikon digital SLR, advanced Photo System Pronea cameras as well as 35 mm Professional F100, F5, N75 and N80 cameras.
3. Nikon Wide Angle Telephoto AF 18-200mm Zoom Nikkor Lens:
The 11.1x all-in-one zoom lens is perfect for semi professionals and dedicated amateurs for taking wedding, wildlife, landscape, holidays, expeditions and general travel photographs. News and press photographers may also find the lens very useful. The lens comes with enhanced VR (vibration reduction) system which makes handheld telephoto zoom shooting easier in poorly lit conditions. Moreover, the system also reduces image blur that could occur from camera shake and faster shutter speed.
4. Nikon AF 70-300mm Telephoto Zoom Lens:
Here is the telephoto zoom lens to meet the demands of both 35mm format SLR cameras as well as digital cameras with great panache! Apart from incorporating the second-generation vibration reduction technology from Nikon, the high-performance lens also offers some great features like – internal focusing, silent wave motor (for quiet and quick switching between manual operation and autofocus), ED (reducing chromatic abrasion) and rounded diaphragm (for natural-looking background).
Key Features (Nikon AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G IF ED VR Telephoto Zoom Lens)
* 4.3x, 70-300mm telephoto zoom (picture angle, when used with Nikon DX format digital SLRs is equivalent to a 105-450mm on a 35mm format SLR)
* The VRII minimizes camera shake by offering the equivalent of a shutter speed 4 stops (Under Nikon measurement conditions) faster. Normal and Active modes are available.
* Two ED glass elements minimize chromatic aberration in the entire zoom range while ensuring high resolution and contrast. Outstanding Nikkor optical performance makes it suitable for photography with both Nikon digital and 35mm film SLR cameras.
* The SWM enables fast and quiet autofocusing, and smooth switching between autofocus and manual operation.
* Two focus modes are available — M/A and M
* The Internal Focus (IF) design provides a constant lens length and eliminates rotation of the front lens element, facilitating the use of circular polarizing filters.
* The nine-blade rounded diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural.
* A flower-shaped bayonet hood is provided
* ø67 mm filter attachment size (Non-rotate)
5. Nikon 200 mm Nikkor Telephoto Lens ED-IF AF-S VR:
For those who want to bring out the subject of their photograph from the distracting background, its fast f/2.0 feature allows them to do just that. The silent wave motor feature ensures super high-speed autofocusing with outstanding accuracy. Moreover, the active vibration mode selection allows taking pictures of moving boat, plane or car with great accuracy and ease.
Nikon today announces a completely new professional telephoto lens AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED VR II to replace AF-S VR Nikkor 200mm f/2G IF-ED. The new lens features Nano Crystal Coat, the new generation of Vibration Reduction technology (VR II) and a new A/M focus mode, making it the ideal lens for serious photographers seeking uncompromised performance.
The lens retains the optical construction of its predecessor and delivers outstanding image quality with excellent sharpness, contrast and definition as well as smooth bokeh making it the perfect choice for photographers shooting stage events and indoor sports.
Zurab Kiknadze, Product Manager Lenses, Accessories and Software, Nikon Europe says: “The updates and improvements implemented in the new version of this highly regarded 200mm lens bring it in line with the latest NIKKOR technologies, providing even more shooting comfort and stability while delivering outstanding results.”
The update of this popular lens follows feedback from professional photographers. The improved handling and usability combined with outstanding image quality is testament to Nikon’s commitment to meet the needs of professional photographers and to continually improve its line-up of professional, high-performance NIKKOR lenses.
Pin-sharp action shots
The AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED VR II now features second generation Vibration Reduction technology (VR II), which provides compensation equivalent to a shutter speed four stops faster, making it easier to capture sharp images during hand-held shooting. The system incorporates two modes: Normal for general handheld shooting and Active to compensate for the vibration caused by, for example, moving vehicles.
The Silent Wave Motor (SMW) ensures quiet and accurate autofocus performance, so it won’t disturb the subject or event.
The A/M mode has been added to the existing M/A and M modes. This additional focusing mode gives the autofocus system priority, even if the focus ring is being handled during shooting.
The lens construction of 13 elements in nine groups with three ED glass and one Super ED glass elements, together with Nikon’s unique Nano Crystal Coat, ensures highest-quality images. The ED glass construction delivers sharp and contrast-rich images whilst the Nano Crystal Coat effectively reduces ghost and flare, meaning the lens can be used with confidence, even when shooting into bright light. The lens also stands out because of its pleasing bokeh and subject-background separation, due to its large f/2 aperture combined with a rounded nine-blade diaphragm.
Built for the toughest of requirements
The AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II is built to meet the stringent demands of the professional photographer. The durable magnesium body and weather sealing means it’s ideal for even the toughest of shooting conditions, protecting from moisture and dust. For extra peace of mind, Nikon’s exclusive, detachable meniscus glass protects the large front glass element from accidental scratches.
The lens is fully compatible with all current Nikon teleconverters, increasing its versatility by allowing for extended tele reach. The AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II is supplied with lens hood HK-31, tripod-mount, drop-in filter holder and a high quality ballistic nylon case CL-L1 in the style of a shoulder bag.90950" title="Top 5 Nikon (Nikkor) Telephoto Lenses for Photography" url="http://fineartphotographysite.com/top-5-nikon-nikkor-telephoto-lenses-for-photography/">